HOW DO LIPOTROPIC INJECTIONS WORK FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Lipotropic Injections for Weight Loss & More
A recent report from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) found that, among Florida residents, “64.2% were overweight with a Body Mass Index [BMI] of 25 or greater.”
Widespread obesity among Floridians poses a serious health risk, one that we at HCG Near Me are committed to resolving in the patients who seek our care.
In addition to important lifestyle and dietary changes, science-backed lipotropic injections for weight loss help our patients supercharge their metabolism and induce significant fat loss.
The results of lipotropic injections for weight loss of our patients are more youthful, leaner, healthier bodies both inside and out.
Let’s get into the science behind lipotropic injections, how they work, and how they help you achieve radical, positive health transformations.
What Are Lipotropic Injections for Weight Loss?
Simply put, the term “lipotropic” refers to any supplement that has the capacity to break down fatty deposits to be used as energy.
First, it’s important to understand that the human body runs on either one of two main energy sources: blood sugar (glucose) or stored fat.
Contrary to popular belief, a high carb intake (from grains, processed sugars in sodas and candies, pastries, etc.), rather than excessive fat intake, is often the primary culprit for unwanted weight gain.
When carbohydrate intake is high and activity levels are low, the “default” mode is to utilize blood sugar for energy, with the excess stored as body fat. To spur weight loss, we need to make the metabolic switch from blood sugar to fat burning, or “fat oxidation.”
As the graphic below shows, several factors play into how much fat the body burns.
That’s where lipotropic injections come into play. Essentially, these injections – usually delivered intramuscularly directly into muscle tissue — are proprietary combinations of various supplements that cause the body to burn its stored fat for energy instead of sugar, leading to weight loss and numerous other beneficial health effects that we will explore later on.
Ingredients in Lipotropic Injections
The primary, most important ingredient in lipotropic injections from a therapeutic standpoint is L-carnitine. Time and time again, clinical research has proven this amino acid’s remarkable ability to spur weight loss:
“Results from meta-analysis of eligible trials revealed that subjects who received carnitine lost significantly more weight (MD: -1.33 kg; 95% CI: -2.09 to -0.57) and showed a decrease in body mass index (MD: -0.47 kg m(-2) ; 95% CI: -0.88 to -0.05) compared with the control group.”
How Does L-Carnitine Boost Fat Metabolism?
“Fat metabolism” is the technical term for “fat burning” – the process by which your body takes stored fat and turns it into energy. As explained in this helpful explainer video, l-carnitine owes its main fat-burning health benefits to two unique functions:
- Shuttling stored fat into the cell mitochondria (the “cell batteries”) to be transformed into energy: “the mitochondrial ‘shuttle-system’ allows the transport of fatty acids, as acylcarnitines, from the cytosol into the mitochondrial matrix where these nutrients are oxidized for ATP production“…
- Encouraging the muscles to use fat for energy during exercise rather than glucose (blood sugar) by priming the cells to run on fat*. From a landmark 2011 double-blind study published in the Journal of Physiology: “[Carnitine supplementation] results in muscle glycogen sparing during low intensity exercise (consistent with an increase in lipid utilisation)… Furthermore, these changes were associated with an improvement in exercise performance.”
*This second mechanism is why L-carnitine supplementation is particularly effective at fueling weight loss when paired with a low-carb diet such as keto.
L-carnitine health bonus: In addition to boosting fat burning, L-carnitine also expedites the removal of waste created during the intracellular fat metabolism process (acting as an antioxidant) for optimized cellular function, which delivers enormous health upsides, including:
- supporting health gut bacteria
- preventing the development of cancer
- anti-inflammatory effects
- promoting neurotransmitter synthesis (essential for optimal brain health and preventing age-related cognitive decline)
- eliminating potentially harmful xenobiotics (foreign bacteria)
The bottom line is that we use L-carnitine at HCG Near Me because it works — not just for weight loss, but for overall health and fitness. For further evidence of l-carnitine’s effectiveness for weight loss, please see:
- Effects of l-carnitine supplementation on weight loss and body composition: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 37 randomized controlled clinical trials with dose-response analysis
- Beneficial effects of l-carnitine supplementation for weight management in overweight and obese adults
MIC: The Other Crucial Ingredient in Lipotropic Injections
MIC is an acronym for a group of weight-loss supplements commonly taken together that includes a trio of lipotropic compounds:
Alone, each of these has proven weight-loss benefits as referenced in the linked studies above. In combination, though, they act synergistically to deliver exponentially greater weight-loss results (as well as supporting healthy liver function).
Like L-carnitine, studies show that MIC supplements work best when paired with a low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet.
In addition to L-carnitine and MIC, the other weight loss supplements contained in lipotropic injections include:
- Thiamine B1
- DexPanthenol B5
- Pyridoxine B6
What Health Benefits Do Lipotropic Injections for Weight Loss Offer?
Based on the various beneficial effects of the compounds contained inside, many of which we have explored above, lipotropic injections offer a multitude of health benefits:
- Weight loss via increased fat burning (primary benefit)
- Healthy liver function
- Improved cardiovascular (heart) function
- Hormone balancing
- Immune system support
- Optimized cognitive (brain) function
- Improved cholesterol levels
Lipo-Mino: The Gold Standard of Lipotropic Injections for Weight Loss
Not all lipotropic injections for Weight Loss are created equal; depending on the quality, contents, and ratio of ingredients, certain brands are superior in terms of the health benefits they deliver.
Different compounding firms produce different lipotropic formulations. Most have about 80% similar ingredients, with small variations in the types and concentrations of the B vitamins contained inside.
Lipo-Mino, produced by Olympia Compounding Pharmacy, is the gold standard of lipotropic injections and the select formulation we use for our therapy patients at HCG Near Me.
When considering different lipotropic formulations, patients and their providers should ensure that, like Lipo-Mino, they contain four primary, essential ingredients:
How Are Lipotropic Injections Administered?
Lipo-Mino can be administered either as an intramuscular injection (meaning it is introduced by needle into the muscle tissue) or subcutaneously (introduced by needle under the skin).
Protocols typically call for lipotropic supplementation every 2-3 days. Accordingly, a 30 mL supply of Lipo-Mino (enough for 30 injections at a cost of $160) will last about 60-90 days. Click here to get started today?